Sunday, April 5, 2009

Christmas 2008





Christmas........I love everything about it. I love the colors, especially RED, I love the smells - cinnamon and pine, I love the decorations, the lights on the houses and trees and I especially love how people act around the holidays. I love to shop for the people I love and wrap the presents.... and I love how our house looks at Christmas time.

Each year we make chocolate turtles and deliver them to our neighbors. This can be a very daunting task but we prefected it this year. We generally need about 350-500 turtles and Ellie is a huge help. She arranges the pecans and I melt the caramel, the best caramel in town, and we do a mixture of light and dark chocolate. They are scrumptous! We wrap them in cellophane bags, tie ribbons and put a fun holiday greeting and Ellie and I set off in the cold the week of Christmas to deliver them. I have found that many of our neighbors hide them from their families and eat them all themselves! It is a fun tradition that we truly enjoy.

No comments: